How can I be sure that my vasectomy procedure was successful?
- In order to confirm sterility after your vasectomy procedure, you must perform two semen analysis tests at least 6 weeks after your procedure. Submit each test to the MaleFromHome testing service about 2 weeks apart. When each test is complete and no sperm are seen in your sample, your vasectomy is considered successful.
- In rare cases, late recanalization of the vas deferens may occur. For this reason, many urologists suggest re-testing one year after vasectomy.
When/How should I expect to get my test results for my semen analysis?
- At check out, you selected on whether to receive your notification by text or email. You will receive notification within approximately 2 weeks.
How often should I send in a specimen?
- A vasectomy can fail even many years out. Many individuals choose to have a specimen checked yearly to assure that their vasectomy has not failed.
Is MaleFromHome.com a fertility test?
- No, our test does not assess fertility. The MaleFromHome laboratory test is designed only to detect if there are sperm present in the semen following a vasectomy procedure.
Why should I obtain semen evaluation after my vasectomy?
- The only way to confirm if a vasectomy was effective is to obtain a semen analysis.
- It can take several weeks to clear sperm after a vasectomy. A semen analysis after at least 6 weeks can confirm if the sperm has cleared.
Who should obtain semen analysis from MaleFromHome?
- Anyone that has had a vasectomy.
- A specimen can be sent by anyone who is interested in knowing if they have sperm in their semen.
How soon after my vasectomy should I send in a specimen?
- A specimen should be sent after 6-8 weeks, and at least 15 ejaculations, and then another specimen is recommended 4 weeks after that.
Is MaleFromHome's testing facility certified?
- Yes. Our testing facility in Northern UT is CLIA certified.
Why would I use MaleFromHome instead of a traditional laboratory?
- A traditional laboratory will cost 2-4x times as much as MaleFromHome.
How many specimens should I send in?
- Most urologists recommend a minimum of 2 tests. Many healthcare professionals recommend repeating the test once a year.